If you’re finding it challenging to do work, mom life, and fitness all at once, then you’re not alone in this battle. When you’re a busy mom, it really becomes challenging to stick to a consistent exercise schedule.
So this article will help you to structure your workouts even if you’re a busy mom.
Sample Workout Schedule For Busy Moms
If you are a busy mom, the workout you will need should not take too long, but still, be effective. This means your workout should be able to hit every major muscle group using minimal equipment and space.
Monday – Legs
- Goblet squat – 30 times (maintain weight to your chest, it could be a dumbbell, kettlebell, or something heavy you can find around the house)
- Dumbbell Lunge – 30 times each side
- Glute bridge – 45 times (if available, add a resistance band around your knees)
- Plank – 90 sec
- Russian twist – 30 times (each side)
Tuesday – Upper Body (Use Dumbbells Or Two Water Bottles Of Equivalent Weight)
- Shoulder press – 50 times
- Lateral raises – 45 times
- Skullcrushers – 50 times
- Bicep curls – 50 times
Wednesday – Active Recovery
Use this time to do some stretching or go for a long walk.
Thursday – Legs
- Dumbbell Romanian deadlift – 50 times
- Walking Dumbbell Lunges – 45 times (each side)
- Clams – 40 times
- Bicycle – 45 times (each side)
- In and out – 30 times
Friday – Upper Body (Use Dumbbells Or Two Water Bottles Of Equivalent Weight)
- Wide grip push-ups – 25 times
- Single arm row – 50 times (each side)
- Dumbbell chest fly – 30 times
- Bird dog – 45 times (each side)
Saturday – Cardio/HIIT
3 sets for 40 seconds each, 20 seconds rest:
- Side-to-side squats
- Jumping jacks
- Switching lunges
- High knees
Sunday – Rest Day
Tips To Schedule Your Workout Time
Wake Up Earlier Than Your Usual Waking Up Schedule
Waking up earlier than you normally do might seem simple, but it is a much more effective way to fit in consistent workout sessions. When you wake up earlier, mostly everyone in the household is still sleeping, errands haven’t begun for the day, plus it’s a lot quieter and calmer helping you do your workout without interruptions.
Keep It Simple
It is easy to get caught up in all the fitness trends that you can see online. With all different kinds of accessories and equipment, you might feel like you can’t work out just because you don’t have the space or equipment to do so.
However, this is not true. The best kind of fitness is doing the workout you are comfortable with, and it is best kept simple. Even using your body weight is already a sufficient way to keep on moving and improve your fitness.
Some of the best ways to stay fit and healthy even if you busy is to find a workout routine that can fit your lifestyle. So, if you’re a busy mom, following our sample workout schedule might help you!