Stay Fit Over Labor Day Weekend


Here are some helpful tips as Labor Day weekend approaches. I know how tempting it can be to let go of our health and wellness routines during the holidays. There’s the allure of barbecues, get-togethers, and maybe even a little vacay time. But remember, queens, consistency is key! So, whether you’re traveling or hosting a backyard bash, I’ve got you covered with my top tips to help you stay on track.


Pack Smart for Travel

If you’re hitting the road or catching a flight, preparation is your best friend. I always make sure to pack some workout gear – even if it’s just a pair of sneakers and resistance bands. Hotel room, beach, or local park, there’s always an opportunity to squeeze in a quick workout. And, don’t forget about the travel workouts I provide as part of my program; they’re perfect for when you’re on-the-go! 

Stay Hydrated

This might sound simple, but with the summer heat and potential indulgences, it’s super easy to forget about hydration. Always carry a refillable water bottle and aim to refill it multiple times throughout the day. Staying hydrated not only keeps you feeling full but also ensures your body is functioning at its best.

Plan Ahead with Healthy Recipes

For those of you hosting or attending a barbecue, consider preparing some healthy alternatives. My go-to is a delicious grilled vegetable platter seasoned with herbs. Or, for a sweet treat, try making fruit skewers. Not only do they look cute but they’re so refreshing. If you’re a member of my program, check out the nutrition section to see some of the healthy summer snacks that I post each day. 

Moderation is Key

While it’s okay to indulge a little, remember the 80/20 rule for times like this. 80% of the time, stick to your nutrition goals, and allow yourself to indulge the other 20%. If you’re eyeing that slice of pie or a refreshing cocktail, go for it, but balance it out with healthier choices throughout the day.

Stay Connected with the Community

Lastly, and most importantly, lean on our QUEENTEAM community. If you’re feeling demotivated or faced with temptation, remember you’ve got an army of queens behind you. Share your struggles, your wins, and your Labor Day weekend workout selfies on our community page. Let’s lift each other up and stay accountable!


Ladies, we’ve worked hard to achieve our fitness goals, and while it’s essential to enjoy the holiday and have some relaxation time, it’s equally crucial to maintain our momentum. Labor Day weekend is just a couple of days, and with a little preparation and mindfulness, we can enjoy it while working towards our fitness goals.


Remember, every day is a fresh start, and every choice is a step in the direction of our goals. Let’s make this Labor Day weekend a healthy, happy, and empowering one.


Have fun!

Alexia Clark